Monday, January 14, 2013

One phrase reviews for a bunch of books

Hydrogen Sonata by Iain M. Banks: Great read but at the end, yeah, what was it all about?
Too Far by Rich Shapero: Odd parents pushing kids into an imaginary parable.
The Homecoming by Barry B. Longyear: Cool MG about dinosaurs. They're baaaack!
The Last Guardian of Everness by John C. Wright: Wonderful YA fantasy. You should check out his Christmas story on his website. If you enjoy language, you should read everything by him.
Red Shirts by John Scalzi: Funny but a little too meta for me. I don't want stories to keep reminding me they are stories.
Subterranean by James Rollins: I didn't understand the physics, but I enjoyed this thriller.
Quicker Than The Eye by Ray Bradbury: With the conceit of each story being a magic trick. What can I say about Bradbury? He's a Master.
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making: Felt a bit periodic, but fun.
Beckon by Tom Pawlik: A thrilling thriller.
Fountain of Age by Nancy Kress: Another Master whose writing awes me.
The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue: Gripping fantasy.
Rise of the Magi by Randy Blackwell. The story is readable, and lots of people should enjoy the fantasy, but I wish he had practiced writing another thousand hours before he published this. I will check him out again in a few years.
Gravity by Melissa West: I don't understand the ending.
Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins: Thought it was okay until the absurd ending which the president would have sent troops to prevent.
The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan: Absorbing. Well worth reading.
Lucky Baby by Meredith Efken: Really Great story. Learned so much. Enjoyed so much.
The Outback Stars by Sandra McDonald: Enjoyed until the romance became too explicit.


No comments:

Post a Comment