Monday, December 13, 2010

A little more on the Narnia movie

One thing I forgot to mention about the Narnia movie was the visceral delight I felt from the scenery. Marvelous rocks and shores and such blue, blue water. Gorgeous. I love our ocean shores here and try often to go to Long Beach in Washington, and Sea Side and Cannon Beach in Oregon. But our water is not blue. It is gray. On sunny days you might see some green in it. And the temperature of the ocean on those beaches is not far enough above freezing for many people to enter. We walk and play with the sand and pick up shells and dig for clams and have picnics and fly kites and look in rock pools and take pictures and visit the art stores and search for treasure amidst the washed up seaweed. What most of us don't do is swim.
A bit late in life I finally read Utopia by More. I cannot imagine ten people living like that for an entire life, let alone an entire society. Maybe programmable robots can. Right now I am reading about ten books at the same time. I need to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment