Friday, July 12, 2019

Beatitudes and Woes Anthology.

https://www.amazon.com/Beatitudes-Woes-Speculative-Fiction-Anthology-ebook/dp/B07TVYXN49/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Beatitudes+and+Woes+perry&qid=1562959792&s=books&sr=1-1


I was excited to be a part of this anthology happening and having my story, Blessed are the Merciful, accepted.

I wanted to write about mercy. You may have noticed my blog name is Molten Mercy. It's hard to give mercy when you've been betrayed or harmed. It's hard to believe you can receive mercy when you've done the harm. Mercy costs. I think of what it cost Jesus to extend the mercy of God to us.

I need mercy every day.

So I grabbed the verse of my choice and tried to think how to illustrate mercy in a speculative fiction way, when I realized I had that story in the novel The Scarred King I: Exile. I just needed to tell the story in the viewpoint of one of the people who is not the protagonist.

The other people who joined in (all were members of Realm Makers Consortium) also joined a new Facebook page where we encouraged each other and prayed and discussed covers and learned a bit more about each other. We had so much fun.

And now we all hope that you have fun reading and being challenged by the anthology based on the words of Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment